Date: 8/8/19 6:15 pm
From: Dennis Thompson <cndthomps...>
Subject: [ia-bird] odd Summer Tanager behavior in Johnston
I had a pair of SUMMER TANAGERS around the yard through May, but they
disappeared after that. In the third week of July, an adult male showed up
in the neighborhood. Ever since, it has called for hours every evening. He
starts around 5:30 - 6:00 and doesn't stop until 8:00. It never shuts up!
He doesn't sing, just does the chuckling call. He stays in the treetops and
moves around a bit, but it's a small territory. I occasionally hear a
second bird, but a couple of nights ago it also called for almost two hours.
Any idea what's going on?

Denny Thompson

Johnston