Date: 8/8/19 10:36 am
From: Steven Brown <sbrown37...>
Subject: [cobirds] Least Flycatcher, CSR, El Paso Co, Thurs
Hey COBirders,

Slow again for banding at Clear Spring Ranch this morning, but the unusual bird for the day was an adult Least Flycatcher.
Again, I've only caught 3 of this species in the fall at CSR (since 2012), and this was the earliest by a full two weeks.

But it is DEAD along the Fountain Creek corridor. I’m not even seeing any big birds fly overhead. No jays, crows, blackbirds, hawks, swallows, orioles, and few warblers or flycatchers
compared to other Augusts. This has been the unusual year.

Steve Brown
Colo Spgs