Date: 8/7/19 8:22 pm
From: <peachjmc...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Observed both Little Stint and Ruff today.
Bonnie Graham and I left home a little after 6AM this morning and arrived at Emiquon (North Globe) at 9:30AM. About 5 mintues later, a birder (I think his name was Scott Terry) waved to us as we were heading to search for the Little Stint to say "We have it!". We found it immediately and had long looks. What a pretty little bird!! Then after briefly visiting the South Globe for Black-necked Stilts, we headed to Eagle Bluff (around 12:20PM) and thanks to Pete Moxon, got to see the (very far off) Ruff as well. Two Lifers for us in a very short time.
There was a man there that had driven 7 hours from Sioux City, Iowa and another man who flew all the way from Arizona--both for the Little Stint. Quite the celebrity. Thanks to Geoff Williamson and Jenn for being such fun birding companions. Finally called it a day around 4PM and made it back home just after 7PM. I hope these birds hang around so that a lot of other birders have as much fun as we did today!!

Joan Campbell
Downers Grove, but in Fulton & Mason Counties today.

Join us on Facebook!