Date: 8/7/19 3:40 pm
From: DJLauten and KACastelein <deweysage...>
Subject: [obol] Coos birds
We had a WILLET at New River Coos Cty yesterday and had 10 MARBLED
MURRELETS in the scopes at the same time just offshore of New River
Curry Cty today - with more murrelets flying around over the ocean.

Also a couple of days ago at South Beach Coos Bay North Spit Kathy
watched a subadult PEREGRINE FALCON take off from the beach, fly west,
cut north, dip down to a few feet above the water, go up and down in the
wave troughs and pluck a little bird off the water like it was nothing.
   Flew back to the beach.   I got to the log where it quickly devoured
the prey, to find a scattering of feathers that indicated a PHALAROPE
(Red-necked).

PS - to our friends out there, note our new email address.

Cheers

Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein

Bandon OR

POST: Send your post to <obol...>