Date: 8/6/19 11:16 am
From: Clayton Will <willcfish...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Mississippi Kite flyover about 11:10 AM, seen by Bill Tollefson and myself.
I had the pleasure of a chance meeting of Bill Tollefson from Cedar Rapids
this morning at the East end of Terra Park in Johnston while I was using
the life jacket shelter as a bird blind!
After we watched the sky and visited a little bit Bill walked toward West
end of the park. I heard two shrill calls and looked NE to see a MK coming
toward me.
It turned and went directly North over the trees and I was able to get one
photo. Wow they are fast! I looked up and Bill was walking back toward me
and I thought he may have seen it too.
He had seen the MK as it flew North and out of sight over the tree tops.
Great morning! Clayton Will Madrid, IA. August 6, 2019