Date: 8/6/19 10:50 am
From: Florence Sanchez via Groups.Io <sanchezucsb11=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] UCSB Beaches 8-6-19
I walked the UCSB beaches this morning starting at about 7:30.  Low tide was at 8:32 this morning.
There was quite a bit of activity on the east-facing beach south of the wooden stairs from the parking lot above.  While walking that stretch, I had 27 Semi-palmated Plovers, 6 Black-bellied Plovers, 2 Whimbrel, 19 Greater Yellowlegs, an unidentified sandpiper fly-by, and nearer the rocks 1 Wandering Tattler and 3 Black Turnstones.  On the rocks were another Tattler, 2 more Turnstones, and another Whimbrel.
ON the south facing beach, I had a flock of around 10 Least Sandpipers, mostly in the dry sand.  The small gull flock here was mostly WEstern Gulls, with 2 second-year Heerman's gulls as well.  A little further along, I had 2 Long-billed Curlew, 2 more Whimbrel, three Least Sandpipers, 4 Semi-palmated Plovers, 1 Willet, and 1 Western Sandpiper.
The only shorebird at the Lagoon was a single Kildeer.  There were only a few double-crested cormorants at the various roosts--no Neotropic here.
Florence Sanchez

View/Reply Online (#29195): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29195
-=-=-
-=-=-