Date: 8/6/19 5:56 am
From: Tyler Funk <fftfunk...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Bird Friends and Stint (not an update)
Hello,

I have met many birders over the years through my association with IOS, and
have been grateful for the friendships and the camaraderie which has
resulted out of this involvement.

One of my closest connections through the years has been with Travis Mahan,
and yesterday was a perfect example of why I appreciate him and his
expertise, but most of all his friendship. I had a work function which kept
me occupied till 1pm. He got up there much earlier in the day. I called
when I was freed up, and ready to make a run at the Little Stint. He stated
that, "he was on the bird, and would keep an eye on it for me". I said he
didn't really need to to sit around and baby sit the bird for me, as I
would be 2 hours in travel time. He waited just the same, and quickly got
me and several others on to the bird as we trickled in through the late
afternoon.

We later took a hike along the dike at Goofy Ridge and picked up the Ruff,
a Marbled Godwit, Avocet, and a few other nice birds to add to the day
list. A great day.

Mostly, I just wanted to give a shout-out to Travis.

Thanks,
Tyler

Join us on Facebook!