Date: 8/5/19 6:22 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Pintail Marsh south of Salem 8/5/19
I accidentally saw my friend Jack Presley at Eagle Marsh. We were pretty
sure of a family of BLUE-WINGED TEAL there today, about 6 of them, a mature
female, and younger. Cool grey shades, if you mix the colors together...a
dozen Dowitchers flew over low and kept going, their trajectory curved back
toward Pintail

At Pintail, shorebird migration is continuing and building. 10-20
Dowitchers, 10 Greater Yellowlegs, a few Least and 20 Western Sandpipers, a
Spotted Sandpiper, and more Killdeer than what nested here. The marsh
seems just right now for shorebirds coming south along the Willamette River
would see from the air and come over along this minor flyway. There is an
odd looking Ring necked Duck. I don't remember anything else, but I am 72

Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!