Date: 8/5/19 4:02 pm
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Need help with this flycatcher
The presence of eyering and pale lores-- spectacles if you would-- precludes Western Wood Peewee and Willow Fly, both common species in the Pacific lowlands. The only other small Flycatcher routinely on the banks of the tidal Columbia in breeding season is Pacslope, which does tend to have a prominent pale base to the lower mandible But lordy this is a bright bottom half of a bird's bill!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Sam Neuffer <samneuffer...> Date: 8/5/19 3:38 PM (GMT-08:00) To: <obol...> Subject: [obol] Need help with this flycatcher Hi,I was at Steigerwald NWR yesterday and couldn't ID this flycatcher. It doesnt look dark enough on its body to be a western wood-pewee but it's bill doesnt seem dark enough to be a dusky flycatcher.  It also bobbed its tail like a kestrel so I'm not sure if that is typical behavior for Hammond's which is also another possibility. Any help would be appreciated!https://m.facebook.com/groups/791856010863127?view=permalink&id=2312159612166085&sfnsn=moSam

Join us on Facebook!