Date: 8/4/19 1:28 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Wood Dale Reservoir Complex Sunday 8-4-19
Hello Bird People,

I must admit that I would have much rather have been looking for the
Little Stint downstate but I am no longer able to drive that far due
to leg problems & long dives & I didn't know of anyone to go with so
that was out. So I made the best of it & after checking ebird I
decided to try the Reservoir at Wood Dale as a report from Saturday
showed some shorebird activity. I did re-find the Semipalmated Plover
seen before but not the Dowitcher, again. I was there for 3 hours in
the a.m.

Wood Dale Reservoir

D.C. Cormorant (2)
Great Blue Heron (2) & Great Egret (1)
Canada Goose (16) & Mallard (3)
Semipalmated Plover (1)
Killdeer (16)
Greater (2) & Lesser (1) Yellowlegs (neither stayed long)
Solitary (2) & Spotted (5) Sandpipers
Least (7) & Pectoral (2) Sandpipers
Ring Billed (Max = 61) & Herring (1) Gulls
Caspian Tern (Max = 41)
Bank Swallow (4)

Western (Itasca) Wetlands

D.C. Cormorant (2 fly-bys)
Great Blue Heron (1), Great Egret (3) & Green Heron (2)
Mallard (23)
Killdeer (31)
Solitary (1), Spotted (7), Least (6) & Semipalmated (1) Sandpipers
Barn Swallows

Had about 16 species of land birds today but all were common types.

Bird-Of-The-Day to the Semipalmated Plover & Runner-Up to the Greater
Yellowlegs.

Al Stokie
In DuPage County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>