Date: 8/3/19 9:46 pm
From: John Deacon via Groups.Io <iseekbirds=<verizon.net...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Long Canyon and Sisquoc
All:
I birded Long Canyon Road this morning.  This Long Canyon Road intersects with Cat Canyon Road in the Sisquoc area.   This area was very birdy with the majority of birds crowded around the small pond at the northern terminus of the road.  Thirty six species were identified.  Highlights were Wild Turkey with young, large numbers of California Quail with young and a Goldfinch trifecta.  I also stumbled on my first Greater Roadrunner of the year.  Checklist is here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58727161

After I left Long Canyon, I headed towards Sisquoc.  At the Terracore GWP Lease entrance off Palmer Road, I spotted a large congregation of Yellow Billed Magpies.  There were 37 in the field west of Palmer Road.  While marveling at the congregation of Magpies, I noticed, not 1 but 3 Golden Eagles flying overhead.  There were two juveniles and one adult.  Checklist is here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58727549

John DeaconOrcutt

View/Reply Online (#29182): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29182
-=-=-