Date: 8/2/19 4:53 pm
From: Carl Mayhugh <captaincarl...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Santa Barbara island/Osborne Banks
Birders,

We are running a group of researchers and Nat’l Park Rangers out to Santa Barbara island. Departing 11pm 8/23<x-apple-data-detectors://0>, returning approx. 6pm on 8/25<x-apple-data-detectors://1>. It will be a day and a half birding/hiking at the island then the way home we’ll head out to Osborne Bank and bird all the way back to San Pedro. There are a few spots left, email me for info.

Sightings last trip:

Western Gulls (1000+), Brown Boobies (70+), Black Storm-Petrels, Ashy Storm-Petrels, Pigeon Guillemots, Common Murres, Least Terns, Royal Terns, Elegant Terns, Sooty Shearwaters, Pink-footed Shearwaters, Buller’s Shearwaters, Black-vented Shearwaters, Brandt’s Cormorants, Double-crested Cormorants, Brown Pelicans, and a Peregrine Falcon.

Making landfall on the most remote of the Channel Islands can be difficult and not for everybody.

Capt. Carl
<captaincarl...><mailto:<captaincarl...>

CatalinaExplorer.com<http://CatalinaExplorer.com>

View/Reply Online (#29177): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29177
-=-=-
-=-=-