Date: 8/2/19 4:09 pm
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] August 2 eBird RBA for Oregon
*** Species Summary:

Trumpeter Swan (1 Lane)
Common Eider (1 Lane)
Black-chinned Hummingbird (1 Deschutes)
Long-billed Curlew (3 Deschutes)
Warbling Vireo (Western) (1 Klamath)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (1 Washington)
Cassin's Finch (3 Lane)
White-winged Crossbill (1 Umatilla)
White-crowned Sparrow (oriantha) (1 Harney)
Lincoln's Sparrow (1 Lane)
Orange-crowned Warbler (lutescens) (3 Klamath)

Trumpeter Swan (Cygnus buccinator) (1)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 15:00 by Russ Namitz
- Forcia and Larsen Reservoir, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0682574,-123.4793168&ll=44.0682574,-123.4793168
- Comments: "Large white swan, continuing rarity. Photo. Steep forehead,
triangularly shaped head, wide black facial skin that fully embraces the
eye."

Common Eider (Somateria mollissima) (4)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 14:10 by carol rogers collins
- Alton Baker Park, Eugene US-OR (44.0572,-123.0828), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.057167,-123.08281&ll=44.057167,-123.08281
- Comments: "On Willamette river near Eugene Oregon "

Black-chinned Hummingbird (Archilochus alexandri) (1)
- Reported Aug 02, 2019 08:17 by Chris Johnson
- 61005 River Bluff Trail, Bend, Oregon, US (44.018, -121.35), Deschutes,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0182343,-121.3500274&ll=44.0182343,-121.3500274
- Comments: "Immature female. Landed on a branch about 10 feet away. Wish I
had a better camera"

Long-billed Curlew (Numenius americanus) (2)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 12:57 by William Tice
- Sparks Lake, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0138131,-121.7375627&ll=44.0138131,-121.7375627
- Comments: "2 birds seen. The first was seen flying at a distance for
about a minute. Flight was flapping interspersed with gliding, which is
when the cinnamon underwings were clearly seen. As well as dark leading
edge of upper wings. Light brown over all. The 2 nd Bird was seen
walking near Canada geese and size was proportional to them, smaller but
still hefty for a wader. The long deceived bill seen on the second bird.
Both were lighter brown than what I would expect for a whimbrel and were at
quite a distance, but we were confident of the ID. The more lazy flight
style we felt also ruled out marbled godwit. The light was quite bright.
Bill Tice"

Long-billed Curlew (Numenius americanus) (2)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 12:57 by Don Berg
[...]

- Reported Aug 01, 2019 12:57 by Jonathan Reimer-Berg
- Sparks Lake, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0138131,-121.7375627&ll=44.0138131,-121.7375627
- Comments: "2 birds seen. The first was seen flying at a distance for
about a minute. Flight was flapping interspersed with gliding, which is
when the cinnamon underwings were clearly seen. As well as dark leading
edge of upper wings. Light brown over all. The 2 nd Bird was seen
walking near Canada geese and size was proportional to them, smaller but
still hefty for a wader. The long deceived bill seen on the second bird.
Both were lighter brown than what I would expect for a whimbrel and were at
quite a distance, but we were confident of the ID. The more lazy flight
style we felt also ruled out marbled godwit. The light was quite bright.
Bill Tice"

Warbling Vireo (Western) (Vireo gilvus [swainsoni Group]) (2)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 18:09 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Sevenmile Guard Station, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.7055736,-122.0744153&ll=42.7055736,-122.0744153
- Comments: "Expected ssp"

Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula) (1)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 10:40 by Harry Fuller
- Evergreen Park, Hillsboro, OR, Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.5403463,-122.8806485&ll=45.5403463,-122.8806485
- Comments: "got close up view"

Cassin's Finch (Haemorhous cassinii) (3)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 17:30 by Jonathan Reimer-Berg
- Willamette Pass, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.6004917,-122.0377529&ll=43.6004917,-122.0377529
- Comments: "Perched on top of trees. Plumper than siskin, with red crowns
apparent."

Cassin's Finch (Haemorhous cassinii) (3)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 17:30 by Don Berg
- Willamette Pass, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.6004917,-122.0377529&ll=43.6004917,-122.0377529
- Comments: "Perched on top of trees. Plumper than siskin, with red crowns
apparent."

Cassin's Finch (Haemorhous cassinii) (3)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 17:30 by William Tice
- Willamette Pass, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.6004917,-122.0377529&ll=43.6004917,-122.0377529
- Comments: "Perched on top of trees. Plumper than siskin, with red crowns
apparent."

White-winged Crossbill (Loxia leucoptera) (10)
- Reported Aug 02, 2019 08:21 by Alan Knue
- Woodward Campground, Umatilla, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.778561,-118.0993795&ll=45.778561,-118.0993795
- Comments: "At campsite 8. All immature feeding in spruce. Striped overall
with bold white bar on wing coverts. Photographed and recorded. Both to be
uploaded as soon as possible."

White-crowned Sparrow (oriantha) (Zonotrichia leucophrys oriantha) (3)
- Reported Jul 27, 2019 16:05 by Bob Schmidt
- Steens Mountain--Jackman Park, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.7188863,-118.6240679&ll=42.7188863,-118.6240679
- Comments: "Birds of OR states this is the breeding race here. Song
clearly not Gambel's nor Puget, the races I am most familiar with."

Lincoln's Sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 31, 2019 05:54 by Glenn Reubon
- Waldo Lake--North Campground, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.7608664,-122.0038605&ll=43.7608664,-122.0038605

Orange-crowned Warbler (lutescens) (Oreothlypis celata lutescens) (12)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 06:30 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Crater Lake NP--KBO’s Munson Valley Banding Station, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.889758,-122.138814&ll=42.889758,-122.138814
- Comments: "12 banded. Expected ssp confirmed in hand."

Orange-crowned Warbler (lutescens) (Oreothlypis celata lutescens) (12)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 06:30 by Lauren diBiccari
- Crater Lake NP--KBO’s Munson Valley Banding Station, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.889758,-122.138814&ll=42.889758,-122.138814
- Comments: "12 banded. Expected ssp confirmed in hand. "

Orange-crowned Warbler (lutescens) (Oreothlypis celata lutescens) (4)
- Reported Aug 01, 2019 18:09 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Sevenmile Guard Station, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.7055736,-122.0744153&ll=42.7055736,-122.0744153
- Comments: "Bright green overall"

Join us on Facebook!