Date: 8/2/19 2:40 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] ww xbills near Tollgate
Alan Knue from Seattle asks me to post this.

“This morning about 8:30am, Charles Enlow and I observed 10 immature plumaged White-winged Crossbills at Woodward Campground (45°46'42.8"N 118°05'57.8"W) located at Tollgate on the Weston-Elgin Hwy (Oregon 204). They were located by call as they were feeding in Englemann Spruce around campsite 8 and were watched for about 30 minutes. They were still there when we left around 10:35am. I may have had them on Wednesday July 31 as well but it was a fast flyover of a mostly silent group. We were able to obtain photos and recordings and will be adding them to our eBird checklist (https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58689515) when we have time over the next few days. There have been several sightings of White-wings in the Cascades this summer so I wasn't completely surprised to see them. I thought birders in OR may want to know as this site is easily accessible and in general has some great birds besides the crossbills.”

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

www.alanlcontreras.com