Date: 8/1/19 10:46 am
From: Wink Gross <winkg...>
Subject: [obol] Pittock, NW Portland, week ending 7/31/2019
Here is the summary of my morning walks from NW Seblar Terrace
to the Pittock Mansion for the week 7/25/19 to 7/31/19. Species
neither seen nor heard in the previous week are in ALL CAPS.

Additional information about my walk may be found at
http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html <http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html>

The sightings are also in eBird.

I did the walk 6 days this week. Post-breeding dispersal has
begun, but there’s some weird stuff going on. E.g., robins usual
disappear for a few weeks at the beginning of September. This year
they’ve already left. Flickers have also disappeared for the most
part.

Species # days found (peak #, date)

Band-tailed Pigeon 5 (2)

Anna’s Hummingbird 4 (3)

Rufous Hummingbird 6 (2)

TURKEY VULTURE 1 (1, 7/25)

COOPER’S HAWK 1 (1, 7/29)

NORTHERN PYGMY-OWL 1 (1, 7/25)

Red-breasted Sapsucker 1 (2, 7/29)

DOWNY WOODPECKER 1 (1, 7/29)

Hairy Woodpecker 5 (1)

Pileated Woodpecker 1 (1, 7/30)

OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER 1 (1, 7/28)

Hutton’s Vireo 3 (2)

Steller's Jay 4 (4)

American Crow 6 (10)

Black-capped Chickadee 6 (14)

Chestnut-backed Chickadee 5 (9)

Red-breasted Nuthatch 6 (6)

BROWN CREEPER 2 (4, 7/29)

Pacific Wren 1 (1, 7/25)

Bewick’s Wren 1 (1, 7/29)

SWAINSON’S THRUSH 1 (1, 7/29)

American Robin 1 (1, 7/26)

EVENING GROSBEAK 4 (3)

House Finch 2 (3, 7/28)

Lesser Goldfinch 2 (3, 7/26)

Dark-eyed Junco 5 (5)

Song Sparrow 6 (6)

Spotted Towhee 6 (3)

WILSON’S WARBLER 1 (1, 7/30)

WESTERN TANAGER 1 (1, 7/30)

BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAK 1 (1, 7/26)

In the neighborhood but not found on walk: MOURNING DOVE,
Red-tailed Hawk, BARRED OWL, Northern Flicker(!)

Misses (birds found at least 3 days during previous 2 weeks
but not found this week): Violet-green Swallow

Wink Gross
Portland

Join us on Facebook!