Date: 7/31/19 4:06 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [obol] ECAS Wednesday, WF Ibis and shorebirds
We birded at Crooked River Wetlands Complex (CRWC), a brief stop at
Houston, at Cindy Z home, and last at Redmond pond.Thanks to Chuck for
ferrying us around at CRWC.The Tri-colored Blackbirds were a treat,
being able to watch them copulating and carrying food, and not while
along a busy road. Wilson's Phalaropes at CRWC and the FOUR RED-NECKED
PHALAROPES ( early?) at Redmond were good, as was the single Lesser
Yellowlegs at CRWC. Scope views of the Red-necked P showed the shorter
bills, dark black mark on the face, and the diagonal feathering on the
flanks that are found on Red-necked. The single Bonaparte's at CRWC and
a Caspian Tern at Houston were a nice surprise. We failed to find a
Red-shouldered Hawk that Cindy Z had recently at her place. Lastly, to
the south of Redmond pond, we heard and saw a few Pinyon Jays and
Black-billed Magpies. No sign of Swainson's Hawks there but some saw
them at CRWC. Thanks to Evan for ebirding today.
List is from Birdnotes.net
Canada Goose
Mallard
Cinnamon Teal
Northern Shoveler
Bufflehead
Ruddy Duck
Pied-billed Grebe
American White Pelican - Houston
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
White-faced Ibis - 2 CRWC
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Bald Eagle
Northern Harrier
Swainson's Hawk - fields near CRWC
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Virginia Rail
American Coot
Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs - CRWC and Redmond
Lesser Yellowlegs - 1 CRWC
Spotted Sandpiper
Western Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Long-billed Dowitcher
Common Snipe - CRWC
Wilson's Phalarope - about 8 at CRWC
Red-necked Phalarope - 4 at Redmond
Bonaparte's Gull - 1 CRWC
Ring-billed Gull
Unidentified gull
Caspian Tern - 1 Houston
Rock Dove
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Common Nighthawk
Northern Flicker
Western Wood-Pewee
Say's Phoebe
Ash-throated Flycatcher - Redmond
Western Kingbird
Western Scrub-Jay
Pinyon Jay - Redmond
Black-billed Magpie
American Crow
Common Raven
Tree Swallow
Bank Swallow
Cliff Swallow
Barn Swallow
Mountain Chickadee
House Wren
Marsh Wren
European Starling
Western Tanager - Redmond
Savannah Sparrow - many around CRWC
Red-winged Blackbird
Tricolored Blackbird - Chuck est 80 birds.
Yellow-headed Blackbird - several, CRWC
Brewer's Blackbird
Brown-headed Cowbird - CRWC, YH Blackbird tending
House Finch
House Sparrow
Total number of species seen: 65
Birders today - Mary Webster, Cincy Zalunardo, Chuck Gates, Evan Thomas,

Joel Tinsley, Mary Shivell, Toni Morozumi, Howard Horvath, Steve
Kornfeld, Wayne Bowers, Mike Golden, David Somers-Emmerd, and June and
Bob were at CRWC. Next week Tumalo Falls. Walk 2 or 3 miles along Tumalo

Creek. May return later, that same evening. good birding, Judy,
<jmeredit...>
--
Judy Meredith, <jmeredit...>
_._,_._,_