Date: 7/31/19 2:45 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Crook Tricolored Blackbirds on second brood
For the last 10 days or so, we have been seeing a large flock of
Tricolored Blackbirds at the Crooked River Wetlands.  The flock seems to
be on a second brood of chicks since this is the only time I can recall
seeing birds carrying food in late July (and, starting tomorrow,
August).  Today, we estimated 80+ adult Trikes carrying food back from
foraging areas around the wetlands.  Two broods would be nice news for
this Red Watch List species.

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
Crooked River Wetlands Volunteer
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com