Date: 7/30/19 10:21 pm
From: <rriparia...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Hybrid zone
Craig,
Would Lakeview be "west of the Warner Divide"?
I have records of titmouse in Bullard Canyon, Lakeview, when I lived
there. That's at the base of the North Warners. And I have records of
titmouse, likely Juniper, along the western shore of Goose Lake,
although I'm not sure it was in Oregon, but even if not, it's still on
the Modoc Plateau. That habitat continues northward along the west
side of Goose Lake Valley swings northeastward across the Thomas Creek
drainage, over to Crooked Creek where it connects with habitat on the
east side of Hwy 395. So, there is habitat connections between the
Warners and west side of Goose Lake Valley. I don't think Adel birds
are as isolated one might think.
I have also found titmouse on the east side of North Warners, sort of
on the south end of Big Valley, east of Dismal Creek. I think I've
heard of Joel mentioning those birds in that area when he's gone on
treks to that part of the state. I've encountered them usually on the
day prior to the Lakeview BBS, and I've explored the seemingly old
growth juniper hills on the east side of the Warners, and north of
Fort Bidwell, CA.
Kevin SpencerKlamath Falls, OR