Date: 7/30/19 2:31 am
From: robirdman <robirdman...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET my 4th day at Plover site
I have had a hiatus, while I purchased a 6T hard drive as my 4T with
video was running out of room.  Copied some to it and had to wait a
couple of days for that to finish.  Compiled this video before copying
more and making the drive temporarily unavailable again.

June 7, I observed for about 3 hours.  Spent about 3 hours reducing
video clips to under 8 minutes.  Not much new here. Clearing the nest
area, and incomplete mating attempts.  While Monty was ardent several
times, it seemed that the larger crowd of observers, with lots of
talking was a distraction, and Rose was very reluctant and kept moving
away.  It really could get to be a zoo-like atmosphere with lots of
commotion and loud talking, despite the fact that these birds haven't
lived their whole lives in such circumstances, as with confined
creatures.  At one point, Monty actually flies up to the rocks, seeming
to check out what's with all this attention.   3rd time there is a
mounting but after much stimulation, I don't see the final contact, and
it looks incomplete. He seems to plop down, frustrated and then voice
discontent in that direction.

https://youtu.be/DD9sjlWVj28

Rob Curtis

Chicago