Date: 7/29/19 8:51 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Whimbrel left headed East cook co
Hi everyone,

Thanks to Al S. for the original sighting and posting of this bird and Tom L. And Amanda T. and Jeff B. For additional help on site. It was a lifer. Pretty awesome huge bird. I was going to leave after looking for a couple hours and not finding it when another bird scared it out in the open and I was able to watch it walk around and eat something and drink a few times and then it started calling it flew off headed in the direction of Skokie lagoons.

While here it was at the northernmost end of the large lower retention basin somewhere in the brush and then started walking north along the small wetland area where there's currently still a little bit a water but it may be gone by tomorrow. In case anyone else is looking tomorrow.

Suzanne Coleman
Cook County

Posted by: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...>

<*> Your email settings: