Date: 7/29/19 2:24 pm
From: <kelagory...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Shorebirds at Greene Valley FP Fluddle 7-29-19
There was a nice mix of shorebirds at the Greene Valley FP fluddle today. I had 5 Stilt Sandpipers, 10 Lesser Yellowlegs, 3 Spotted Sandpipers, 4 Solitary Sandpipers, 9 Least Sandpipers, 1 Semipalmated Sandpiper, 1 Pectoral Sandpiper, and 63 Killdeer. There was also a raucous group of Caspian Terns hanging out there. Most birds were on the rock and mud spit that projects into the water.

I haven't been to the fluddle in a while, but was intrigued by recent posts from a number of other birders. I'm glad I went. It was even worth getting a drenching from one of today's downpours! Good views from the east side, but a scope is needed.

Kirk LaGory
Downers Grove
DuPage County

Join us on Facebook!