Date: 7/29/19 11:16 am
From: <bobdolgan...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Update on “Monty & Rose,” a documentary about the endangered piping plovers of Montrose Point (NO SIGHTINGS)
To the members of IBET:

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend. I wanted to provide an update on the effort to create a documentary about Monty & Rose, the endangered piping plovers that have nested at Montrose Beach Dunes in Chicago, the first piping plovers to nest in the city in 64 years. I have met many of you at the beach as we have monitored the birds and their chicks. It’s been inspiring to see Illinois’ birders come together to protect these birds.

The effort to fund a short documentary is making progress — 61 backers to date — but this project will not happen unless we reach our goal by next Monday, Aug. 5, at noon. The purpose of the film is to capture this momentous occasion--and the outpouring of support for these birds--and create something lasting for bird conservation. Funds will be used for additional cinematography, editing and production. I am not benefiting financially from this project as it is purely to raise awareness of piping plovers and birding in general.

View the initial clip reel and pledge to the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montyandrose/monty-and-rose?ref=creator_nav https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montyandrose/monty-and-rose?ref=creator_nav

Pledges of all amounts are welcome, and we have some wonderful rewards including a tour of Montrose, happy hour with the filmmakers, a commemorative sticker and more.

Thank you,
Bob Dolgan
Chicago
Cook County