Date: 7/29/19 9:53 am
From: Carolyn Featherston <carolynfeatherston...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lesser Goldfinches on Lavender
Hi, I’m from Pendleton, and I also have had Lesser Goldfinches all over my lavender plants as well as house finches.
Carolyn Featherston

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 29, 2019, at 9:06 AM, van der Horst <kathyfrans...><mailto:<kathyfrans...>> wrote:

This morning a pair of Lesser Goldfinches were busy eating my expired lavender blossoms. The lavender plant is large, almost finished with new blossoms. I have never seen a bird interested in eating them. I was going to cut back the plant this week, but maybe I’ll wait and let it transition to bird food, even if it is overgrown. Anyone else seen Lessers on lavender?

Kathy van der Horst
SE Portland

Join us on Facebook!