Date: 7/29/19 8:22 am
From: beau schaefer <beauschaefer...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Lake County Shorebirds
Well, it finally happened. Shorebirds actually showed up in the fluddles of western Lake County. Praise the Lord. I had 8 species of shorebirds out west and 4 SANDERLINGS at Waukegan this morning to make it a 9 sp. shorebird day today. My best of the year so far. Nothing unusual but I had:

1 Semipalmated Plover
6 Semipalmated Sandpiper
13 Lesser Yellowlegs
19 PECTORAL SANDPIPER (FOY)
4 Least Sandpiper
3 Solitary Sandpiper
6 Spotted Sandpiper
21 Killdeer

Fremont/60 fluddle is good tho it many dry soon. The Peterson Fluddle just east of Alleghany also is looking good. As always, be careful of traffic. One good thing is that Fremont Center Rd is closed beginning tomorrow for a week, so that should cut down some on traffic.

Good Shorebirding!
Beau Schaefer
Lake County

Sent from my iPad

Posted by: beau schaefer <beauschaefer...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)