Date: 7/28/19 9:46 pm
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Sauvie Island Franklin's Gull - Columbia County
Hi:

There is a small parking spot and across the street is a road that will
take you into Racetrack Lake. A quick Google Map measure tells me this is
4700 feet past the entrance to the observation deck. Walk along that tree
line. Or the road intersection on Rentenaar is another access. Just walk
down the road that crosses Rentanaar near the apple tree. Or just walk
around the cows, they will eventually move. And while you are there, walk
over to Sturgeon Lake and scan the mudflats there as well.

Bob Archer
PDX

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 8:47 PM Conor Scotland <scotland.conor...>
wrote:

> I checked around Sauvie Island for shorebirds yesterday afternoon (7/27).
> I didn't turn up any shorebirds to speak of, but a juvenile Franklin's gull
> was at the Narrows foraging on the lakebed with other gulls.
>
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58503510
>
> Also, if anyone has any info on how to best access Racetrack Lake on
> Sauvie, I would appreciate it. I tried to walk in from the end of Rentenaar
> Rd, but ran into a bunch of cows that I didn't want to disturb, so I turned
> back. Thanks.
>
> Conor Scotland
> NW Portland

Join us on Facebook!