Date: 7/28/19 8:42 pm
From: Aaron Brees <aebrees...>
Subject: [ia-bird] HEERMANN'S GULL at Saylorville
Disregard my previous report of a very dark juv. California Gull. I wasn't
satisfied with that ID after reviewing my photos, suspecting that is was
actually a juv. Heermann's, and the experts agree that's what it is. To
look for this bird, take West Jester Park Drive in Polk City all the way to
its end, which will be the parking lot at the Big Creek spillway. The bird
was walking around on the point there.

Aaron Brees
Polk City, Iowa
http://www.flickr.com/photos/abrees/