Date: 7/28/19 8:20 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Black Skimmers in Nor Cal
Pretty cool find- thanks for sharing Adrian!

There are two OR records- one from Curry in Jan and one from Coos Bay in
Apr. I was on the beach in thick fog this AM at N Spit Coos and only saw
two juvie Western Sandpipers. Yesterday it was clear but no wind but there
was a huge raft of Surf Scoters off N Spit Coos with a few merlits and
rhino auklets. Seeing a Black Skimmer in OR would be awfully cool!

Merry migration,
Tim R
Coos Bay

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 11:16 AM Adrian Hinkle <adrian.hinkle...>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday two skimmers (adult and juv.) were reported (on eBird) flying
> past Humboldt Bay and that evening showed up in Crescent City. Another one
> was reported near Humboldt Bay today. Something to look for on the S. coast
> in coming days! Most N. Cal records are from Jul-Aug, but Oregon's sole
> record was in January.
>
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58482094
>
> Best,
> Adrian