Date: 7/27/19 3:19 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Good Shorebirding at Hawkeye WMA
Today shorebirding was much better than I expected at Hawkeye. There were many shorebirds that were inaccessible but also an equal number that were.
Those were confined to the area between Sand Point and James Ave. and most were scopeable from Sand Point's base walking the shoreline east. I ended up with 15 species which included;

1 Piping Plover (James Ave.)
2 Marbled Godwits (James Ave.)
1 Ruddy Turnstone (far east of Sand Point)
1 Baird's Sandpiper (FOS)

Also, 20 Forster's Terns and several Black Terns. Pelicans seemed to have doubled.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids