Date: 7/27/19 12:02 pm
From: Jerry Toll <geritol48...>
Subject: [ia-bird] BBWD at Lake Manawa
Located the Black-bellied Whistling Ducks at Lake Manawa at the same place
as Jan Greer described yesterday. I saw 9 of them. I have not reported this
on the birdlines previously because I heard it third hand, but at least one
BBWD was seen June 27 on the Iowa side of the Bellevue Bridge Road a little
south of Lake Manawa on a private road. I was thinking that perhaps they
nested there so I looked and determined that all 9 of the BBWD I saw today
were in adult plumage. Also present on the Lake were 5 Forester's Terns.

Jerry Toll

<geritol48...> <mailto:<geritol48...>