Date: 7/26/19 11:12 am
From: Nick Lethaby via Groups.Io <nlethaby=<ti.com...>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] Shoveler at Atascadero Creek
Libby,

This is the first year ever that I have found family parties of CB Chickadees along the south coast (Refugio and Patterson Mitigation Area) so I would agree they seem to having a good year. That’s an amazing count from Coronado and it seems certain they must have bred there as well. I have never seen more than 2-3 previously and no evidence of successful breeding. I wonder if the lusher conditions really boosted breeding success this year.

Nick