Date: 7/26/19 11:00 am
From: David Pereksta <pereksta...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] American Cetacean Society trip on the Condor Express tomorrow...Spaces Available!
Hi all
There are still spaces available on the American Cetacean Society's (ACS) annual whale watching trip on the Condor Express tomorrow. We leave from the Santa Barbara Harbor at 8 am and return at 4 pm. There has been a lot of surface feeding activity from humpbacks over the last week in the Santa Barbara Channel so the whale watching should be exciting. In addition, I will be on board as the bird naturalist so unlike most whale watching trips, we will be calling out birds all day and looking for pelagic species. There are often numbers of birds feeding where the whales are so we could see some interesting things. A pelagic trip out of Ventura a few weeks ago had a variety of alcids, shearwaters, storm-petrels, and other species in the waters around the islands. Details for tomorrow's trip can be found at the following link where you can also buy a ticket directly.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-acsla-summertime-whale-watching-adventure-tickets-61964126370
I go on this trip every year and it is a lot of fun. Because it is sponsored by the ACS, there will be an impressive cadre of marine mammal experts on board. In addition, unlike most pelagic trips where we expect you to starve all day, this trip includes a bountiful continental breakfast on board.

Hope to see you out there...
Dave PerekstaVentura

View/Reply Online (#29143): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29143
-=-=-