Date: 7/25/19 9:44 am
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Salem area shorebirds 7/24/19
I'm pretty sure the AOU once endorsed "Brewer's Grackle". That is the name Seaton used in recounting his Manitoba days.lpnSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...> Date: 7/24/19 9:33 PM (GMT-08:00) To: OBOL <obol...> Subject: [obol] Salem area shorebirds 7/24/19 I can drive and bird from my car, it is that I cannot walk more than a shaky step or two while learning to walk again.  I looked for shorebirds and a grackle at Baskett Slough this morning.  Of shorebirds there were 15-20 LB Dowitchers, a few Greater Yellowlegs, and maybe a Lesser I did not really look getting sidetracked by 4 juvenile WILSON'S PHALAROPES.  No such thing as any grackle, except for Brewer's Blackbirds er 'Lesser Grackles', thanks Bill Thackaberry via Jeff Harding.Over at Ankeny NWR Pintail Marsh there were 15-20 Dowitchers and a few Greater Yellowlegs and 2 Least Sandpipers, and that is where Jeff told me about lesser grackles.  Fall shorebird season is starting and it will continue for months...Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!