Date: 7/24/19 9:34 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Salem area shorebirds 7/24/19
I can drive and bird from my car, it is that I cannot walk more than a
shaky step or two while learning to walk again. I looked for shorebirds
and a grackle at Baskett Slough this morning. Of shorebirds there were
15-20 LB Dowitchers, a few Greater Yellowlegs, and maybe a Lesser I did not
really look getting sidetracked by 4 juvenile WILSON'S PHALAROPES. No such
thing as any grackle, except for Brewer's Blackbirds er 'Lesser Grackles',
thanks Bill Thackaberry via Jeff Harding.

Over at Ankeny NWR Pintail Marsh there were 15-20 Dowitchers and a few
Greater Yellowlegs and 2 Least Sandpipers, and that is where Jeff told me
about lesser grackles. Fall shorebird season is starting and it will
continue for months...

Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!