Date: 7/23/19 5:41 pm
From: Jamie Chavez <almiyi...>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] YBNH at Devereux
There is an unwritten rule with most birding listserves (sometimes an
actual written rule) where the use of the bird-banders 4-letter
abbreviation code is forbidden. Or at the very least, only after the full
name is used first. This subject hasn't been discussed here in a very long
time but I agree with Rob that the use of these four-letter codes should
only come after the full name has been used in the message and probably not
in the subject line of the message at all. I get that is is much easier to
type Northern Rough-winged Swallow in just four letters. Occasionally these
codes aren't even used correctly which only adds to the confusion.

Jamie Chavez
Santa Maria, CA

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 1:25 PM Rob Hofberg <rhofberg...> wrote:

> I've been bird watching for 52 years and half the time I have no idea what
> these abbreviations mean half the time. Maybe use the full name it least
> once in a post, and then the rest of the time abbreviate it?
>
> Rob Hofberg

View/Reply Online (#29119): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29119
-=-=-
-=-=-