Date: 7/22/19 2:34 am
From: 'D.K. Schrishuhn' <alaraarabians...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET black-crowned night heron
Good morning.

I was delighted to see my first black-crowned night heron of the year
yesterday. They usually inhabit creeks and a pond on the west side of
Champaign, and sure enough a breeding adult was lurking in the
bank-side underbrush while several people fished on the opposite bank
in a local park. There have been a couple of previous sightings, but
not as numerous as last year.

Last year two youngsters were fledged here and stayed late into the
fall before heading south. Hope there is a nest somewhere around again
this year.

Debra Schrishuhn
Urbana

Posted by: "D.K. Schrishuhn" <alaraarabians...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)