Date: 7/21/19 6:21 pm
From: Pam Otley <pamo1954...>
Subject: [obol] Ash-throated FC, BG Gnatcathers - Lane County
Hi all,

I finally made a much delayed trip to the SE trailhead to Mt Pisgah Natural
Area in search of the oft reported nesting Blue-gray Gnatcatchers. Even
though it was quite warm, the gnatcatchers were cooperative in zipping
around the shrubs at the known location, just west of the now dry creek bed
on Trail 6. We identified one as a bright blue-gray adult and one as an
immature, not so bright colored.

An extra nice surprise was the appearance of an Ash-throated Flycatcher
that popped up into a tree above the same shrubs the gnatcatchers were seen
it!
It quickly flew out of sight behind oak trees to the north but we heard the
"prrrt" call twice. The flycatcher did appear briefly on a snag again.
Perhaps it will stay in that area for awhile.

Here is my eBird list to see the photos of the flycatcher I was able to get:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58358083

Happy birding,

Pam Otley

Join us on Facebook!