Date: 7/21/19 6:15 pm
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Woodhouse Scrub- jay
IMO these photos are pretty convincing.

Wayne
On 7/21/2019 8:44:24 PM, Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...> wrote:
The location along a creek coming out of desert mountains is certainly the habitat that Woodhouse's Jays like.  The birds that Gabrielson and Jewett saw were likely a failed range extension by some pioneering birds.

Jeff Gilligan

On Jul 21, 2019, at 5:03 PM, Tom Crabtree <tc...> [mailto:<tc...>]> wrote:

Here’s a link to Matt Hunter’s post form October 2017 with links to photos at the bottom.  Apparently the comparison birds are from Monterey.

https://www.freelists.org/post/obol/Fwd-Gabrielson-and-Jewett-Woodhouse-Scrubs [https://www.freelists.org/post/obol/Fwd-Gabrielson-and-Jewett-Woodhouse-Scrubs]

Tom

From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> [mailto:<acontrer56...>]>
Date: 7/21/19 3:19 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: <jeffgilligan10...> [mailto:<jeffgilligan10...>]
Cc: <timrodenkirk...> [mailto:<timrodenkirk...>], "OBOL (<obol...> [mailto:<obol...>])" <obol...> [mailto:<obol...>]>

Have these specimens been reviewed recently?

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...> [mailto:<acontrer56...>]

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Jul 21, 2019, at 2:51 PM, Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...> wrote:

> Gabrielson and Jewett took specimens of Woodhouse's Jay from Harney County.

>> On Jul 21, 2019, at 10:00 AM, Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...> wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of rare bird reports I think I remember seeing Mike and MerryLynn Denny had reported a Woodhouse’s SJ recently on eBird- did anyone follow up on that? Would be a 1st state record- right?
>>
>> Tim R
>> Coos Bay

> POST: Send your post to <obol...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>