Date: 7/21/19 9:34 am
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] July 21 eBird Oregon RBA
*** Species Summary:

Black Swift (1 Lane)
Baird's Sandpiper (1 Tillamook)
Snowy Egret (2 Baker)
Black-crowned Night-Heron (1 Washington)
Sharp-shinned Hawk (1 Washington)
Northern Goshawk (1 Jackson)
California Scrub-Jay (2 Malheur)
Great-tailed Grackle (2 Malheur)

Black Swift (Cypseloides niger) (1)
- Reported Jul 19, 2019 18:55 by Linnaea Basden
- Salt Creek Falls, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.61179,-122.12861&ll=43.61179,-122.12861
- Comments: "All dark with no white ruling out WTSW. Larger with longer
wings and slimmer body than VASW. Constant, stiffer wing beats than
swallows. Foraging up high. "

Baird's Sandpiper (Calidris bairdii) (12)
- Reported Jul 20, 2019 10:39 by Jimmy Billstine
- Manzanita, Oregon, US (45.681, -123.942), Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.6805527,-123.9415637&ll=45.6805527,-123.9415637
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Tall shorebirds with short, straight black bills (in relation
to head length and comparatively to wesa) and black legs. Wingtip extension
even with tail while standing, wingtips don't fit to rump. No rufous tones
of wesa- golden brown with black spots on back. Slightly paler supercilium
running to nape. Clean white breast, belly, and undertail coverts, golden
brown neck and throat. Nape golden brown with fine markings. Back very dark
brown with silvery feather outlines. Very active feeding style yards from
waterline. Photos."

Snowy Egret (Egretta thula) (1)
- Reported Jul 20, 2019 11:54 by Dave Trochlell
- Farewell Bend SP, Baker, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3059155,-117.2263527&ll=44.3059155,-117.2263527
- Comments: "Very small egret with black bill, and yellow lores and feet.
Right before the entrance to the park area there is a small bridge over a
creek that runs into the Snake River. The Snowy Egret was just at the mouth
of this small creek. We were 200 yards away and decided to approach for
better views and pics, but the bird took off. We later refound it roughly
.75 miles down river in a small willow inlet on the Idaho side of the
river. A very unexpected find. Possibly the first or second county record."

Snowy Egret (Egretta thula) (1)
- Reported Jul 20, 2019 11:54 by Nolan Clements
- Farewell Bend SP, Baker, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3059155,-117.2263527&ll=44.3059155,-117.2263527
- Comments: "Very small egret with black bill, and yellow lores and feet.
Right before the entrance to the park area there is a small bridge over a
creek that runs into the Snake River. The Snowy Egret was just at the mouth
of this small creek. We were 200 yards away and decided to approach for
better views and pics, but the bird took off. We later refound it roughly
.75 miles down river in a small willow inlet on the Idaho side of the
river. A very unexpected find. Possibly the first or second county record."

Black-crowned Night-Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax) (1)
- Reported Jul 20, 2019 06:51 by Susan Kirkbride
- Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve, Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.505,-122.9889&ll=45.505,-122.9889
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "I’m not 100% on this ID. I watched the bird fly and then land.
It did not fly like a GBH, not at all like a pterodactyl. It appeared more
compact. It’s legs appear to me too short to be a GBH, plus it’s bill seems
too short. I ruled out green heron because it does not have any brown on
the neck. After studying my (poor quality) photos for a long time I
believe it’s a youngster. Notice it still has some white spots on its wing
coverts."

Sharp-shinned Hawk (Accipiter striatus) (1)
- Reported Jul 20, 2019 10:15 by Rick MacDonald
- Fernhill Wetlands (general), Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.5064875,-123.0851855&ll=45.5064875,-123.0851855
- Comments: "Saw several times, have pics. In Dabbler's Marsh area."

Northern Goshawk (Accipiter gentilis) (1)
- Reported Jul 20, 2019 16:10 by Frank Lospalluto
- (42.0974,-122.8384), Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.097397,-122.838421&ll=42.097397,-122.838421
- Comments: "Adult circling burn area"

California Scrub-Jay (Aphelocoma californica) (2)
- Reported Jul 20, 2019 11:09 by Dave Trochlell
- 1060 D Street West, Vale, Oregon, US (43.98, -117.251), Malheur, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.9798056,-117.251354&ll=43.9798056,-117.251354
- Media: 5 Photos, 1 Audio
- Comments: "Following up on the report of Woodhouse's Scrub-Jay from a
week ago. We located these two jays fairly easily south of the nursing
home. After spending a few minutes with them, taking pictures, and
recording audio, we felt very confident calling these California, rather
than Woodhouse's. Pics and audio coming."

California Scrub-Jay (Aphelocoma californica) (2)
- Reported Jul 20, 2019 11:09 by Nolan Clements
- 1060 D Street West, Vale, Oregon, US (43.98, -117.251), Malheur, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.9798056,-117.251354&ll=43.9798056,-117.251354
- Media: 5 Photos, 1 Audio
- Comments: "Following up on the report of Woodhouse's Scrub-Jay from a
week ago. We located these two jays fairly easily south of the nursing
home. After spending a few minutes with them, taking pictures, and
recording audio, we felt very confident calling these California, rather
than Woodhouse's. Pics and audio coming."

Great-tailed Grackle (Quiscalus mexicanus) (8)
- Reported Jul 20, 2019 11:58 by Nolan Clements
- Beck-Kiwanis Park, Malheur, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0374113,-116.9688606&ll=44.0374113,-116.9688606
- Media: 5 Photos
- Comments: "Known location. Pics"

Great-tailed Grackle (Quiscalus mexicanus) (8)
- Reported Jul 20, 2019 11:58 by Dave Trochlell
- Beck-Kiwanis Park, Malheur, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0374113,-116.9688606&ll=44.0374113,-116.9688606
- Media: 5 Photos