Date: 7/20/19 8:21 pm
From: Nick Lethaby <nlethaby...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Area K BWTE update
All,

I spent about 45 minutes at Area K looking at teal. I eventually found two
or possibly three broods. One was a brood of 11 that was attended by two
females in the SE corner. Not sure if it was a combined brood as they all
looked fairly similar in size and the second female occasionally drifted
apart without being followed by ducklings. I feel sure this is the same
brood as photographed by Glenn. I then found a female with at least 6
ducklings in the center back. These were fairly young and I believe these
are a new brood. They were also close to where the last nesting female was
likely on eggs.

In addition to these 18 birds, there were 4 other BWTE, including 3 males,
two of which were going into eclipse. I had 8 Cinnamon Teal, all female/juv
types.

Devereux had 3 Greater Yellowlegs and 34 Western Sandpipers, as well as the
BWTE male.
--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA