Date: 7/20/19 10:27 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Bandon Shorebirds 7/20/19
Went down to Bandon Marsh at low tide this AM. Not too much to report. A
small flock of peeps to far to see from observation deck so I donned the
mud boots. They turned out to be all adult Westerns but in molt no two were
totally alike in color! A few SP Plovers with them. On back side of marsh
out of view of observation deck I found more Leasts than Westerns and a
beautiful, hardly molted adult SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER hanging with the
Leasties. Only one juvie- a Leastie, such pretty birds!

Over at Face Rock, at the base of the rock, there were four TUFTED PUFFINS
in the water surrounded by a small armada of Pigeon Guillemots.

Back home to start on the long overdue house painting project- uugh!

Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!