Date: 7/20/19 7:17 am
From: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Bluebird nest at UCSB
Hi Ron and All,
These late season breeding records are helpful to define the breeding
period of each species in Santa Barbara County. This is one of two major
objectives of the study. Consider submitting your Western Bluebird record
to Audubon's SB Breeding Bird Study at

https://santabarbaraaudubon.org/sb-breeding-bird-survey-data-submittal/
Acme mapper is one of several handy tools to obtain coordinates. Your
bluebird nest was, I think, somewhere around here:
http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=34.41793,-119.84753&z=18&t=SB&marker0=34.41793%2C-119.84753%2C1.3%20km%20ExNE%20of%20Isla%20Vista%20CA
Left-click hold to move the aerial image under the hashmark to identify the
correct location of your nest. The coordinates beneath the hash mark show
in the green box in the right corner. Copy those and insert into the
submission form along with your other details.
View the BBS data here: https://goo.gl/AJQxKj or go to
Santabarbaraaudubon.org.

Mark Holmgren
Santa Barbara

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 6:13 AM Ron Hirst <ronhirst...> wrote:

> A pair of bluebirds have a nest hole In the Outer Wall of the Parking
> Garage across from the Visitor Center off Ocean Rd. I've been watching them
> for a month and yesterday saw the female sit in a tree outside the hole
> with a bill full of bugs for a few minutes and then go into the nest hole.
> There are a few small holes in the pristine stucco structure walls and I've
> seen Starlings in one. Ron Hirst, SB

View/Reply Online (#29098): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29098
-=-=-
-=-=-