Date: 7/19/19 4:38 pm
From: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Birds at Arroyo Hondo
[image: IMG_0654 Yellow-billed Magpie in side iew mirror crop sm.jpg]

1 and possibly 2 *Yellow-billed Magpies *were downstream of the parking lot
portion of Arroyo Hondo this morning. Evidence for the suspicion of a
second magpie is given in the checklist here:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58296492 downstream of parking lot

We saw also Black-throated Gray Warbler and Warbling Vireo.

By the time we got to the portion upstream of the parking lot, it got
hotter and bird activity was not strong. But here we saw Chipping Sparrow,
some sort of *bunting*, and we studied a juvenile kingbird carefully before
determining it was a Cassin’s.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58303895 upstream of parking lot

Mark Holmgren

Santa Barbara