Date: 7/18/19 4:34 pm
From: Wes Fritz via Groups.Io <wes-fritz=<verizon.net...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Goleta beaches Thursday afternoon
Hi Rob,
Yes, ho-hum reports are awesome! This helps our birding team “SB Birders” know where it has been birded and if it is good or bad. So, all detailed reports are extremely valuable.

Thank you for posting and good birding.

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
<wes-fritz...>
Solvang CA

> On Jul 18, 2019, at 4:17 PM, Robert Lindsay <thisisroblindsay...> wrote:
>
> 7/18, 2:00-4:00 pm
>
> Started at the Deveraux pull-outs. About 40 peeps were visible on the far shore of the top end of the main channel. About a dozen were Semipalmated Plover. The rest were likely a mix of Western and Least Sandpiper but too far to distinguish these reliably (no scope). Did not see the Neotropical Cormorant at the second pull-out.
>
> Area K had lots of birds including over 20 very pale ducklings with two pale adult females but nothing about then suggested BW Teal. Also lots of young coots among the adults most of which are beginning to look like coots. Tree, Cliff and Norther Rough-winged Swallow were all present.
>
> Went to Campus Point next. The beach facing Goleta Bay was birdless due to the abundance of 'campers' on shore and in the water. Best birds of the afternoon were on the outermost rock at the point: three Wandering Tattler and a Black Turnstone. The beach west of the point had two Western and one Least Sandpiper. A flock of thirteen Heermans' Gull (one first-year and one second-year, rest adults) had a single Royal Tern as company. Nothing in the Lagoon though did spot a Hooded Oriole in the pines near the south-east end of the lagoon.
>
> Goleta Beach had lots of human visitors and very few birds. All the gulls I saw there were Western. Many Cormorants were up in the rookery but I could not find any remaining nestlings.
>
> Ho Hum,
> Rob Lindsay

View/Reply Online (#29090): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29090
-=-=-