Date: 7/11/19 3:22 pm
From: Khanh Tran <khanhbatran...>
Subject: [obol] Mountain Quail Parade and Golden Eagle near Timber, Oregon (Washington County)
On Wednesday afternoon, we had a fun and productive, birding excursion near the Timber area. We ran into a big, parade of MOUNTAIN QUAIL and babies along many of the clear cut areas. We probably saw more quail than human inhabitants in that rinky, dink town of Timber! Easily up to 60 birds or more birds consisting of 5-6 conveys. It was like a colorful parade full of fancy gallinaceous, wind-up toys scurrying around and giving the town some spark!

Another good find for Washington County, was a soaring , large GOLDEN EAGLE (probable female) near Round Top road. We got to watch it soar for a couple minutes before it vanished out of sight.

It was a quite birdy along the Cochran Rd area, with many Swainson's Thrush, Cedar Waxwings, Black headed Grosbeaks, Western Tanagers, and a family of Olive sided Flycatcher! What a super fun and delightful day!

Hope everyone is enjoying their late summer.

Peace, love and good birding,

Khanh Tran

Join us on Facebook!