Date: 7/11/19 2:28 pm
From: Megan Ward <meganward28...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Making a yard bird-friendly
Hi Tweeters,

Some of you have met our 9 year old daughter, Emily, who has been an avid
birder for several years now. In addition to being on a mission to reach
500 life birds by the end of this year (total from the time she started
keeping a list, not for this year only), she is also interested (to put it
mildly) in making our yard more bird friendly. We have 2 seed feeders,
suet, a hummingbird feeder and a bird bath, and she has been busily making
drawings and plans to expand this. She is interested in plants/landscaping
that would help birds, as well as a running water feature which she says
could attract more warblers. She has seen at least one person on Tweeters
talk about having a recirculating creek in their yard so she asked if I
could post here to find more information on that. I'm thinking the cost
would be out of reach, but she would like concrete details to be sure. ;)
Any book or website recommendations, or other information you could point
her towards would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Megan Ward
Kirkland, WA