Date: 7/11/19 11:00 am
From: Nari Mistry <nbm2...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] An encounter with a raven family
I had a nice encounter with a family of ravens this morning. For many
weeks this family has been around in the spruce tops across the road,
driving our neighbor’s dog crazy. Today I saw one raven sitting on an
extreme spruce tip, looking around so I started calling, croaking loudly
like a young raven (slightly higher pitch)— first one and then two more
ravens flew down to look at me and flew low round & around me , circling
low again & again, just looking down at me.  Then they sat in our
spruces & watched me while I spoke to them to come down.

Finally they flew off shaking their heads, not quite understanding what
I was saying 😄.

Nari Mistry,
Ellis Hollow Rd

ARCHIVES: