Date: 7/11/19 9:13 am
From: Dan O'Donnell <djod...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Burrowing owls yesterday
Hi, Birders!
I didn’t get this out last night, but I went out to Coyote Ridge Natural Area (Ft. Collins, Larimer Cty) yesterday (7/10) and observed the two adult burrowing owls and six owlets. The group were spread out over three burrows: the main burrow near a stand of blooming milkweed, a second burrow east northeast of the main burrow, about 20 meter away where the adult male perched, and a third burrow west southwest of the main burrow where three of the owlets were seen. The young are flying about and some are hunting on their own. Several of the owlets were with the female, standing and laying down under the shade of the milkweed. Here are a couple of photos.
Good birding,
Dan

Dan O'Donnell
<djod...>