Date: 7/11/19 4:35 am
From: Clayton Will <willcfish...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Fish Crows at Sandpiper Rec. Area, Saylorville Lake
Fish Crows (adult and juvenile) - probable breeding area - July 10, 2019 at
Sandpiper Cove, Polk Co. IA. I saw what looked to be a small crow in the
dead branches of the larger tree in the holding basin just NE of the Boat
Ramp. A little later after asking a jet skier to check on some girls that
has swam out too far on Saylorville Lake I spotted a full size adult crow a
block away feeding on something atop a parking lot light pole. It flew to
the same spot I'd seen the juvenile which was behind the live part of the
tree out of my sight. I drove to a better location and took pictures and
video which I think will confirm Fish Crow! The Crow then flew over to the
Marina where I looked for it again without success.