Date: 7/10/19 5:49 pm
From: Joshua Glant <josh.n.glant...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Phainopepla
I was in the neighborhood this afternoon, so I decided to stop by the intersection of Emerson and Gilman for a quick look. I found not only an absence of any potential Phainopeplas, but a lack of any plant from which a white berry could have come, save for a few shriveled pods off of a bushy yucca — a taste of home for a lost southwestern bird, perhaps?

If there was indeed a Phainopepla here on Monday, it might have likely just been passing through on its way to somewhere else in the Queen Anne / Magnolia area of northwest Seattle. Or maybe this was the wrong spot, after all.

Good birding, Joshua Glant
Mercer Island, WA