Date: 7/10/19 11:03 am
From: Diana Beatty <otowi33.33...>
Subject: [cobirds] White-winged Scoter split
So I know I saw a White-winged Scoter at Prospect Lake and/or Big Johnson
Reservoir in Colorado Springs in winter but I wouldn't know how to begin to
tell what it is now. I doubt I have the photos that might be needed - I
wonder if anyone has gone through past photos or other evidence etc. and
found compelling evidence of Velvet or Stejneger's in their Colorado list
yet??? Would that be something the CBRC would review if that were the
case? Ebird is calling the ones I've reported before as Melanitta deglandi.

Diana Beatty
El Paso County

--

******

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the
old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.